The Improvement Service, NHS National Services Scotland and NHS Health Scotland have agreed to combine their skills, experience and expertise to work, initially, with a small number of CPPs to support them to develop a Local Outcomes Improvement Plan, based on evidence of local conditions that will tackle inequalities of outcome across communities.
Key elements of the support will include the IS, NSS, HS team working with each CPP to:
- profile and assess how communities in the local authority area are performing against life outcomes, in order to support the CPP to identify the local outcomes which it will prioritise for improvement
- identify interventions that the CPP could implement to support it to achieve improvements in the local outcomes it has prioritised, using available evidence of what works, particularly in relation to prevention
- provide support to agree realistic but stretching targets for improvement for each of the local outcomes it has prioritised, based on evidence of the likely impact of agreed activities/ interventions
- support the development of transparent and accountable performance management arrangements that will enable the CPP to track and evidence progress against local outcomes, report publicly on progress, better understand where they are / are not having a positive impact and inform decision-making about future approaches to targeting inequalities and improving outcomes
- support the agreement of appropriate governance arrangements to oversee delivery against local outcomes
The types of support and interventions provided by the IS, NSS and HS team will be tailored to each CPP and will be dependent on the skills and capacity available locally within the CPP.